Saturday, July 23, 2005

I am so livid

Part of my having this in the form of a blog is because I'm going to just post off-the-cuff sometimes. As much as this may be a forum for members and the community, it is my forum. Just as you may post any comment you want, praising or criticizing your day-to-day experiences with the coop, so I will post entries in the same way.

I just found out that one of the key organizers for the union is leaving. I'm not livid because of that, because I'm leaving the coop, for heaven's sake. I am livid because of the reasons behind it. Three weeks after his annual evaluation, an evaluation like any other company has in which a supervisor (in this case Liz, the kitchen manager, a level 5 manager) evaluates the performance of an employee, he is called in and given a list of the problems Liz had with him--mind you, problems that could have been discussed during his evaluation three weeks before. He is told that she will be keeping a close eye on him from now on. He recognized it as retaliation for his openness about the labor issues at the coop (which I haven't listed in my signs list yet). And I do, too. I only have three days to work here, but I am so tempted to walk off the job in solidarity with him. I am so livid.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home